[rt-users] Dump all except tickets+attachments?

Chr. von Stuckrad real-stucki at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 18 08:02:36 EDT 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011, Darren Spruell wrote:

> into an error to the effect of too many tickets specified by the
> shredder resulting in too long of a GET request URI length for the
> server. I concluded that shredding that many tickets from the UI
> wasn't going to work and there must be a better way. Is this right, or

I lately had exactly the same problem, and the conclusion was:
Either to learn how to shred 'inside the Database' (without
the mason-code) or to restrict each shred-call to a few hundred
selected tickets. The shredder seems to create a long URI and
so the standard limits of URIs (from concatenating the call and
lots of ticket-numbers) seem unavoidable.

We simply ignored the old tickets, hoping for a solution
to pop up somewhere, before the next cycle. Alas we see
4.* now and have 3.* running, and still no idea ...

Would it be possible to 'translate' the shredders algorithm
from mason-code directly to 'some SQL dialect' or at least
to translate 'shredding one ticket completely in SQL'?
(Or is that impossible, because the contents and links of
a ticket can not be analyzed that way, and really need
'perlcode', to follow and decide what to shred?)

Stucki

--
Christoph von Stuckrad      * * |nickname |Mail <stucki at mi.fu-berlin.de> \
Freie Universitaet Berlin   |/_*|'stucki' |Tel(Mo.,Mi.):+49 30 838-75 459|