[rt-users] RT 4.0.0 and IE 8/9 printing problems

Daniel G. Rohan d-rohan at northwestern.edu
Wed Aug 10 07:34:02 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm having a problem that I'd like to see if anyone has experienced before.  We are running RT 4.0.0 on RHEL 5, Mysql and Apache powered.

Many of our users are running IE 8 and 9. These users cannot print a ticket properly. The user receives a printout with the metadata section containing no headers, and the ticket history is completely whitespace. Then the printout include a superfluous page or several superfluous pages.

It's also pertinent to note that RT tends to hang/crash IE when doing a print preview.

Steps to reproduce crash:

From Windows 7, IE9:

1. Open RT 4.0.0, select ticket from home screen
2. Hold down Alt -> Tools -> Print Preview
3. Hit the "next" arrow to page through two or three screens
4. IE hangs and must be restarted

Steps to reproduce odd printing:
1. Open RT 4.0.0, select ticket from home screen
2. Hold down Alt -> Tools -> Print
3. Select printer, and view the results.  I've scanned in a redacted ticket to illustrate.

This has been reproduced on 4 test machines thus far.

Thanks,

Dan