[rt-users] Incoming messages all plain text

DeVore, John jdevore at pnwu.org
Thu Aug 25 12:33:39 EDT 2011

I have looked at the Attachments table and the messages are also listed there as 'text/plain'.  I've attached the 'Download' so you can 'see what the content actually looks like' and I've also attached the original message.

I stopped Fetchmail and sent an HTML message to the mailbox that RT checks.  The message in the mailbox was still in HTML format so our mail server is not changing it in any way.  Fetchmail has no ability to change the formatting of a message as it is simply downloading the message from our mail server and passing it to rt-mailgate .  It is being changed once it gets into RT.

Could rt-mailgate be converting it?  Could you explain to me the process that creates the ticket once the email gets into RT so I have a better idea where to look next?  Should RT be accepting HTML in incoming emails or am I expecting functionality that isn't there?

John