[rt-users] How to initiate a ticket in request tracker for an external supplier

John Rouillard rouilj at renesys.com
Fri Aug 26 10:22:46 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:08:21AM -0400, Gilbert Rebeiro wrote:
> Is this too obvious?
>
> The needs are to initiate a ticket (email) that doesn't send an
> autoreply but is an email with the request showing the proper ticket
> number in subject line.
> This would then be sent to the organization (email address) that
> needs to perform the task:
> This way we can track the open task.
> We can have updates populate the ticket when they reply to the email.
> A RT user would be the requester in this case
>
> Is anyone doing this?
> There must be a way.

I would try installing the command by mail extention for RT
and using the:

        AddCc: <address> Add new Cc watcher using the email address

command to add the email address of the vendor. I think the AddCc
occurs before the email notifications are sent. So if you use the
reply address with the normal notification scrips it should work.

This will result in an autoreply to the person opening the ticket, but
I think you want that as confirmation that the ticket was opened and
properly processed.

--
				-- rouilj

John Rouillard       System Administrator
Renesys Corporation  603-244-9084 (cell)  603-643-9300 x 111