[rt-users] 3.4.2 to 4.x

Izz Abdullah Izz.Abdullah at hibbett.com
Fri Dec 23 15:49:44 EST 2011

This is the way I upgraded from 3.8 -> 4.0.x.  I think you could pipe the dump without creating the database first, but is seems like I had an issue with MySQL throwing an error back at me saying database rt4 does not exist.  So, to answer your question, yes.  If you have a database already created and you pipe the dump using the mysql -u root -p rt4 < mysqldump.sql command, it will put your dump into the database named rt4.  Then you can go about the database upgrade procedures you have read in the UPGRADE_READMEs.

Hope this helps.