[rt-users] HTML attachment - transaction has no content

Mark Regensberg markr at yaxs.net
Tue Feb 1 12:12:57 EST 2011

Hi (again)

On 31 Jan 2011, at 6:22 PM, I wrote:

> When an HTML /reply/ to correspondence is sent out with an attachment, the correct scrip fires (On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs) however the requestor receives a "This transaction appears to have no content" email with the attachment.
>
> The ticket history shows the same, i.e. the HTML body portion has been dropped. Excerpt below. Content type is text/plain, but I have no idea where this is set for outbound mails.
>
> I have trawled the lists, docs and wiki and seen a few references to (what appears to be a) this bug, but I can't work out if this is a current bug or if we aren't handling/configuring something correctly.

further to my last mail, and after going through some of the more obvious stuff again (and templates.pod), I am now setting

in the template. This now delivers HTML content and the attachments in good order, and plain text still works as expected. Just as I thought all my problems had been solved and was going to tattoo RTFM on my right hand, my test with an HTML email + attachment produced a duplicate message body, along with the attachment.

So I have now gone from no message body to having a duplicate message body. I'm also starting to think HTML emails were an elaborate prank by the same person who invented elevator music.

any ideas?

current Correspondence template looks like this:

--
RT-Attach-Message: yes

{$Transaction->Content()}
--

(note: I did try {$Transaction->Content(Type => 'text/html')} as well, but this didn't make any difference I could pick up)

Mark