[rt-users] Notification for reminders

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Wed Feb 2 04:45:14 EST 2011

Am 01.02.2011 13:02, schrieb Kevin Falcone:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 09:55:39AM +0100, Johan Sjöberg wrote:
>>    I have created some reminders in our RT system, but we get no notification at the time of the
>>    reminder. This means that we have to keep watching the Reminders field at "RT at a glance". Is
>>    it possible to configure RT to send out a notification e-mail to the admin-cc when a reminder
>>    occurs?
With bin/rt-crontool you can send an mail to the creator of the
reminder. But I think it is not possible to send an mail to AdminCc of
the ticket.

> This isn't a built-in feature of reminders, but you could use a
> dashboard to do it
>
> -kevin
As far as I know you can't use dashboards for that.
For example you have to create a search like 'tickets of type reminder
where due within last hour' and put this in an dashboard.
But you would then receive the dashboard even if the search result
returns no tickets.
But maybe this would be a nice feature that you have an option per
dashboard where you can say if dashboards where all searches are empty
should be send or not. ;-)