[rt-users] question about Best Practical's RT site

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Feb 8 15:23:00 EST 2011

On 08 Feb 2011 14:55, Mathieu Longtin wrote:
> Looking at issues.bestpractical.com <http://issues.bestpractical.com>, I
> noticed that for release tracking, you make a release ticket, and that
> ticket depends on all open issues for that release.
>
> I tried working like that here but I find it very cumbersome to use the
> link page and remember the ticket number for each release we have.
>
> Do you have a custom UI shortcut to make a ticket part of a release?

Check out our RT dashboard:
http://issues.bestpractical.com/Dashboards/1408/RT.  The "Recent bugs
not assigned to a release" search has a custom format which provides a
clickable "Link to 4.0.0" for each ticket found.

If you click on the title of that box (to get to the search), and then
look at the Advanced tab, you'll see how we're doing it at the bottom of
the Format textbox.

We also have a branch for autocompleting the link inputs (making it
_much_ nicer), but that's currently slated for 4.2.

Best,
Thomas