[rt-users] 3.8.9 broke RT::Authen::ExternalAuth?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 17 17:13:34 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:08:45PM +0000, Tim Cutts wrote:
> I've updated a test server to RT 3.8.9 from 3.8.8, and it doesn't seem to be authenticating LDAP users any more (ExternalAuth version is 0.08).  I switched on debugging, and get this in my logs:

Unfortunately, you are correct. It appears that no site running
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth actually tested any of the release candidates.

RT::Authen::ExternalAuth isn't something we built (and isn't typically
tested by us), though we know it's important to many RT users.

We're looking into it and hope to have a fix for ExternalAuth "soon"

Best,
Jesse