[rt-users] Testing 4.0.0rc5 - experiences upgrading from 3.6.4 on RHEL6

Darren Nickerson DARREN at DAZZA.ORG
Sat Feb 19 11:19:35 EST 2011

Okay, only a few problems remaining, but they're doozies. Any help welcomed.

1. Apache occasionally stops responding to http requests. I haven't found a pattern yet, but it's frequent. Unable to login, the page just hangs waiting for a response ... the only log entry I see in apache's error log is:

[Sat Feb 19 10:09:25 2011] [error] Your request path is '/index.html' and it doesn't match your Location(Match) '/opt/rt4/share/html/'. This should be due to the configuration error. See perldoc Plack::Handler::Apache2 for details.

I see that every time I try to reload the page, for what it's worth. It turns out I see a line like that for EVERY page request, so it's probably unrelated (but also worrying).

An apache restart clears the problem. I've applied RHEL6 updates & rebooted the box, but if the hang occurs again I'd welcome any suggestions on how to troubleshoot.

2. At boot time, apache seems to setup the mason_data/cache directory as root, and stuff fails to run, reporting:

mkdir /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj/3452818388/standard/Install: Permission denied at /usr/local/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/Compiler/ToObject.pm line 107

3. I haven't had a lot of luck with the SELinux suggestions at: http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/SELinux . Has anyone got RT and SELinux coexisting on RHEL6?

-Darren