[rt-users] scrip OnComment triggered when script is resolved

Nicolas GUIOT nicolas.guiot at risc-group.com
Tue Feb 22 10:05:19 EST 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:31:29 +0000
Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 08:23:36AM -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 09:26:30AM +0100, Nicolas GUIOT wrote:

> high bit characters, anything other than letters or numbers
> But again, there have been many bugfixes on that code since 3.8.7
> Does this still happen if you remove your signature temporarily?
>
> If all you want to do is Resolve a ticket, click on Basics and resolve
> it there, you'll skip the Comment screen.  That should help until you
> can test coming up to a newer version.

OK, I made both tests :
- If I go to basics, and set the state to "Resolved", only the right scrip is triggered.
- If I remove my signature in the editor, then "Resolve", agin, only the resolve scrip is triggered.

--> The problem must be within the signature.
FYI, it looks like this :

Nicolas GUIOT
My Company - My Unit
My Adresss/Location - street
12345 CITY - COUNTRY
Tel : (+00) 1 22 33 44 55
Fax : (+00) 1 22 33 44 55

I made the test on my "upgraded" DB (from 3.6.1 prod to 3.8.8 debian), and also on a brand new 3.8.8 debian, with empty DB.

> Just to note: if any request-tracker3.8 Debian users do have
> particular issues with the version in stable, feel free to file them
> in the Debian BTS, especially with information about fixed upstream
> versions if you have it. I can't promise that they'll be fixed in
> Debian stable, but I am considering cherry-picking some issues for a
> point-release (subject to the stable update policies).
>
> Cheers,
> Dominic.

Before going to the Debian BTS, I'd prefer locate the issue, if it's upstream or not. If we all agree it's a debian specific issue, I'd be glad to report my first "bug" ever ;)

Now,
- how can I be sure this problem comes from debian ? (then I'll report it)
- Is there a way to solve the problem on my setup ?

Bye
Nicolas