[rt-users] Issue with Encoding

Riccardo Carlesso riccardo.carlesso at heanet.ie
Wed Feb 23 10:09:58 EST 2011

Hi all,
we have a production 3.8.8 and a testing 3.8.9 and we see an encoding
issue. I still don't know if it's a bug or - most likely - a
misconfiguration.

Whenever there are unusual characters (such as chinese, in this case),
and I put that chars into a reply or Forward,

Do you have a clue where the issue could be? Could it be the encoding in
our MySQL installation? Or maybe in the exim installation?

Is it possible that the 'make initdb' forgets to set the DB to UTF-8?

Please find attached an example of email

I'll dump it also textually just to be sure.

Note. We didn't override any default EmailInputEncodings or
EmailOutputEncoding.

Thanks in advance,
   Riccardo

-------- Original Message BEGIN --------

------------=_1298473055-2438-5

This is a forward of transaction #87609 of ticket #15507

------------=_1298473055-2438-5

I like chinese a lot.<br />
Lets test 3.8.9!<br />
On Wed Feb 23 14:52:55 2011, rcarlesso wrote: <br />
> Chinese language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <br />
> Chinese or the Sinitic language(s) (汉语/漢語 Hanyu; 华语/華語
Huáyǔ; 中 <br />
> 文 Zhōngwén) is a language family consisting of languages
which are <br />
------------=_1298473055-2438-5--