[rt-users] RTx::EmailCompletion adding name/other fields to pop down display

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Fri Feb 25 09:19:27 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:17:02AM +0000, Giuseppe Sollazzo wrote:
> Hi all,
> we've been using RTx::EmailCompletion for a while very successfully. This
> is an extension that allows the user to see a pop down display of e-mail
> addresses upon insertion of a minimum number of characters.
>
> The search is made on a number of parameters you can specify (in our case,
> e-mail and cn from our directory). However, only the e-mail address is
> displayed, whereas we would like to show something more, let's say part of
> the cn or other data.
>
> Has anyone done something similar?
>
> I've found on the cpan page that the customisation can be done in
> - html/NoAuth/js/emailcompletion.js
> - lib/RTx/EmailCompletion.pm
>
> but it's not totally clear to me how - I'm not too much into JS. Can anyone
> help?
>
> Cheers,

Unfortunately my Javascript skills are non-existent, but I would
like this as well. It would be great if it could display a number
of fields from the directory service to help you select the correct
Email address. For example, we also include phone extension/number
as a search key but we often need more information to validate the
customer.

Regards,
Ken