[rt-users] Modifying 10 highest tickets

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Tue Jan 11 09:08:35 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 01:53:48PM +0000, Garry Booth wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Happy new year.
>
> Does anybody know if there is a way to globally change the default setup
> for "10 highest priority tickets I own"?
> e.g: make it order by a custom field.
> I can easily do it for myself by simply editing the widget, but would like
> to roll out a change to it for all users
>
> regards
> Garry

Hi Garry,

This can be done, but an approach we have taken is to have
a custom dashboard that is used by default instead of mucking
with the standard system pieces. The advantage of the dashboard
method is that you can provide a custom interface for a number
of different groups and not just one for all.

Regards,
Ken