[rt-users] External users unable to create tickets since ExternalAuth activated

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 11 14:00:02 EST 2011

Kevin,

Would this option require the use of a check to the DataBase? A'la My_Oracle
as a secondary External Setting?

I'm in the same situation where we have some outside consultants that are
NOT in our LDAP database, but need to reply/own tickets in RT.
I was looking at the RT_SiteConfig.pm setting options in
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc and saw the instructions
for 'My_My_SQL'.

These are the parameters I used:

*Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [ 'My_LDAP', ‘My_Oracle’] );*

*Set($ExternalInfoPriority,  [ 'My_LDAP' ] );*

*Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS, 1);*

*Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers, 0);*

#

# These are the full settings for each external service as a HashOfHashes

#

*Set(*

*    $ExternalSettings,*

*      {*

*        'My_LDAP' =>*

*           {*

*            Our LDAP stuff - Works well*

 *           }
***

*      },*
*# Settings for secondary Auth - using our Oracle DataBase
*

*      {*

*        'My_Oracle' =>*

*           {*

*            ‘type’           => 'db',*

*            ‘server’        => 'luther',*

*            ‘database’   => ‘rtdev’,*

*            ‘table’          =>  ‘USERS’,*

*            ‘user’           =>  ‘OURID’,*

*            ‘pass’           =>  ‘XXXXXXXX’,*

*            ‘port’           => '’,*

*            ‘u_field’       =>  ‘name’,*

*            ‘dbi_driver’ =>  ‘’,*

*            ‘p_field’       =>  ‘’,*

*            ‘p_enc_pkg’ =>  ‘’,*

*            ‘p_enc_sub’ =>  ‘’,*

*            ‘p_salt’         =>  ‘’,*

*            ‘d_field’       =>   '’,*

*            ‘d_values’    => '',*

*            ‘attr_match_list’  => [' EmailAddress'],*

*            ‘attr_map’            =>  ['EmailAddress'    => 'mail']*

*      }*

*   );*
*1;

*Am I on the right track?*