[rt-users] External users unable to create tickets since ExternalAuth activated

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 13 14:12:22 EST 2011

Kevin,

I guess that when I read things, I read them differently. From what I read
about ExternalAuth, I assumed it did the authorizing but didn't see where it
*defaulted back* to RT (checking the USERS Table) when an ExternalAuth
failed. My mistake, again.
I did figure that if ExternalAuth allowed a non-LDAP to be added (per
setting) that the regular AutoCreate,Privileged, 0/1 setting would determine
whether they were added as privileged or not, but I didn't realize that if
the Auth didn't Pass LDAP, RT would look at the Users DataBase for the User.
I just didn't see it that way when I read the documentation. No one's fault
but my own. Sorry.

Kenn
LBNL