[rt-users] Certain RT operations painfully slow.

Raed El-Hames Raed.El-Hames at daisygroupplc.com
Tue Jan 18 13:49:21 EST 2011

Todd,

Another approach is to dissect DeleteWatcher into its row sql and re-write your script to talk sql directly instead of going through the api ... (Its highly not recommended) but with 20 million rows its an option.
The advantages you gain is not having to do as many selects.
You may still get queries lasting > 86s , but I would bet those will be 50% less than the api.

Good luck
Roy