[rt-users] RT-Extension-SaltedPasswords Not Playing Nice with LDAP

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Fri Jan 21 12:23:12 EST 2011

The line:
use RT::Extension::SaltedPasswords;

is still clobbering LDAP logins, even using the RT-Authen-ExternalAuth
extension.  If I comment out that line, it works fine.  If the line is
present and uncommented, LDAP logins fail with:

[Fri Jan 21 17:21:20 2011] [debug]: UPDATED user  Nick Couchman from
External Service (/opt/rt3/local/lib/RT/User_Vendor.pm:990)
[Fri Jan 21 17:21:20 2011] [error]: FAILED LOGIN for Nick Couchman from
192.168.10.71 (/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:251)

-Nick

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 10:37 -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 07:48:15AM -0700, Nick Couchman wrote:
> > [Fri Jan 21 03:40:09 2011] [debug]: UPDATED user Nick Couchman from LDAP
> > (/opt/rt3/local/lib/RT/User_Local.pm:628)
>
> Looks like you're using an old extension that clobbers IsPassword.
> You're going to need to merge that code with the IsPassword in
> SaltedPasswords to handle both cases.
>
> -kevin

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.