[rt-users] : Re: cannot display requestor or requestors attributes in rt CLI when specifying fields

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 09:26:58 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 01:28:40PM +0100, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:

> that's not a script that should be executed, that's a patch ;)
>
> it should apply easily on with the following command:
>
> cd /usr/share/request-tracker3.8/
> patch -p2 < /tmp/thepatch
>

> if you are not familiar with this you can just edit the file and remove
> the "[" "]" around $ticket->$key->MemberEmailAddresses.
>

> then you should clean your mason cache  and restart your webserver.

I do not recommend this method of altering Debian packaged software, as
it introduces a degree of unpredictability in the way the software
behaves and opens up the risk that the change will simply be overwritten
the next time an update to the package is released.

Probably the best way for someone who doesn't want to modify the
Debian source package to introduce such a change would be to copy
the file in question to
/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/html/[..] and then make modifications
there; at least that way the change will not be overwritten by updates
(although the user would then need to ensure that any upstream changes
to the file are reflected in their local version).

Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team