[rt-users] RT on OpenSUSE 11.3 64-bit w/mod_perl

Michael Coakley mike.coakley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 22:11:22 EST 2011

I'm getting a constant segfault error 4 in libc-2.11.2.so with the configuration given in the subject line. I've read the lists and found this thread : http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/97348?do=post_view_threaded#97348

I want to configure fast-cgi but the examples given in the thread don't get me there. I've also read the mod-fcgid docs and I can get fast-cgi to work but then it bombs with that it can't read the webmux.pl file in /opt/rt3/bin.

I even uninstalled the RPM packages and manually installed Apache2 and mod_perl but it still is segfaulting.

I configured RT with the following configure line:

./configure --with-apachectl=/usr/sbin/apache2ctl --with-web-user=wwwrun --with-web-group=www --with-rt-group=rt

My Apache config for my virtual host looks like:

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
    ServerName rt.example.com

    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    # optional apache logs for RT
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/rt3-error_log
    TransferLog /var/log/apache2/rt3-access_log

    AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

    PerlRequire "/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl"

    <Location /NoAuth/images>
        SetHandler default
    </Location>

    <Location />
         SetHandler fastcgi-script
    </Location>

    <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None

        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

    <Directory /opt/rt3/bin>
        Options +ExecCGI
        AllowOverride None

        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Hopefully I'm just missing something. I wish mod_perl would just work but all I need is RT to work using mod_perl or mod_fcgid. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike