[rt-users] RT 3.8.8 on CentOS 5.5 slows down/hangs

Gregory Greafers gregory at accesskenya.com
Mon Jan 31 05:47:20 EST 2011

I am still experiencing this issue. At one instance when our RT had
hang, I used the top command and it listed several apache processes
(like 10).

I also read in a recent thread on this list titled [Any gotchas for load
balancing RT's front end?] stating somewhere...

We have not needed to do this for RT yet, but you should provide
for some level of persistance for connections to leverage RT's
internal caching. A pure round-robin load balance will have both
frontends doing more work than they need to do. It may also be
worth revisiting your settings for KeepAlive on your web servers
as well to maximize performance and minimize resource usage.

Could increasing the MaxKeepAliveRequests resolve anything? I have 100
in my httpd.conf. I assumed 'load balancing' might help in my
situation.

Any help will be appreciated

--
Regards,