[rt-users] RTV4.0.0: User Access Restrictions

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 7 12:28:21 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 09:52 -0400, Thomas Sibley wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 06:44 PM, Joanne Keown wrote:
> > Back in June I emailed the below question/request for help and I don’t
> > believe I have seen a response to that.
> >
> > Does anyone have any good ideas/pointers on this?  I have searched
> > archives & manuals etc. but I can’t see what right I am applying that is
> > allowing all my users Admin rights.
>
> The information in the spreadsheet simply isn't enough.  There's many
> other places you could be granting them rights.  We can't offer more
> than guesses without essentially a database dump of the relevant RT tables.

You have likely misapplied the "Superuser" right on some group the users
are in, directly or indirectly.  The following (which is untested,
simply written off the top of my head), run from your database, should
tell you which group that they are in has this right:

select Groups.* from Users
  join CachedGroupMembers on CachedGroupMembers.MemberId = Users.id
  join ACL on ACL.PrincipalId = CachedGroupMembers.GroupId
          and ACL.RightName = 'SuperUser'
  join Groups on Groups.id = ACL.PrincipalId
where Users.Name = 'dchapman'

- Alex