[rt-users] LDAPImport bug with RT-Authen-ExternalAuth

Shawn M Plummer plummer at geneseo.edu
Mon Jul 11 13:41:54 EDT 2011

We do have a lot of users already in RT that are in AD. Updates may be working correctly with the script but it's new users it seems to have an issue with.

Imported 311/9795 users
Processing user USER1
User USER1 already exists as 173389, updating their data
no change
Imported 312/9795 users
Processing user USER2
User USER2 already exists as 148069, updating their data
no change
Imported 313/9795 users
Processing user USER3
[Mon Jul 11 17:35:38 2011] [info]: RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo returning Address1: Off-Campus, Disabled: 0, EmailAddress: USER3 at geneseo.edu, Name: USER3, Organization: Student, Privileged: 0, RealName: USER3 FULL NAME, WorkPhone: USER3PHONE (/opt/rt4devel/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:536)
[Mon Jul 11 17:35:38 2011] [error]: couldn't create user_obj for USER3: Could not set user info (/opt/rt4devel/local/plugins/RT-Extension-LDAPImport/lib/RT/Extension/LDAPImport.pm:866)
couldn't create user_obj for USER3: Could not set user info
Imported 314/9795 users

USER3 exists in our AD currently but does not exist in RTs database and it fails to create that user. We do have alots of users in RT that no longer exist in AD but those do not seem to be causing any errors, or if they are it is not a problem.

- Shawn

On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:53:42AM -0400, Shawn M Plummer wrote:
>> I have been implementing a test installation of rt4 and am migrating to LDAPImport to replace a very old rt to ldap sync script we had.
>> However whenever I run LDAPImport I get the following errors:
>
>> [Mon Jul 11 15:31:00 2011] [info]: RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo returning Address1: Unassigned, Disabled: 0, EmailAddress: NAME at geneseo.edu, Name: NAME, Organization: , Privileged: 0, RealName: NAME Esmaili, WorkPhone: Unlisted (/opt/rt4devel/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:536)
>> [Mon Jul 11 15:31:00 2011] [error]: couldn't create user_obj for oe1: Could not set user info (/opt/rt4devel/local/plugins/RT-Extension-LDAPImport/lib/RT/Extension/LDAPImport.pm:866)
>> couldn't create user_obj for oe1: Could not set user info
>>
>> When I run LDAPImport with --debug it reports all the info just fine. But then I do --imnport I get the above error.
>>
>> Is LDAPImport compatible with the External Auth plugin?
>
> They are compatible, but it's entirely possible that you have some
> crufty user data.
>
> Do you already have a user whose Name and EMailAddress are both
> NAME at geneseo.edu ?
>
> If you log in as this user, can RT-Authen-ExternalAuth find and
> authenticate this user?
>
> You can also run with both --debug and --import
>
> -kevin
>
> --------
> 2011 Training: http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html

Shawn Plummer
Systems Manager
CIT SUNY Geneseo
"The mind can make substance, and people planets of its own with beings brighter than have been, and give a breath to forms which can outlive all flesh." -Lord Byron