[rt-users] RTFM on v4.0.1

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 12 17:45:41 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 04:20:00PM -0400, zbigniew at starpower.net wrote:
> 1. Is there any place for documentation?  Seems rather sparse on the /docs, wiki and BestPractical website.

docs/customizing/articles_introduction.pod

> 2. When extracting an article from a ticket, it says "Use the dropdown menus to select..."   Drop down is there, but it just has a "-" in it.  Nothing else.

Have you created Classes and given rights for them?

> 3. When clicking New Article the "Content" section of the form has no form box to enter data.

The documentation describes that you've not yet set up Custom Fields

> 4. When I delete an article and I confirm deletion I get "could not find component for path '/Articles/Article/Elements/Tabs'"  Article is deleted, just returns an error.

This is fixed on 4.0-trunk, I believe a patch was posted to the
mailing list

> 5. Also seeing this error in rt.log occasionally when I mess around articles (My account has Admin rights in RT) [Tue Jul 12 19:32:24 2011] [crit]: HasRight called with no valid
> object (/opt/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Principal.pm:290)

If you can capture a stacktrace using LogStackTraces it might be
possible to figure out what is going on there.  The error message
as-is unfortunately isn't something we could work from.

-kevin