[rt-users] Tuning RT4

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 13 16:04:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Wagner Sartori Junior
<wsartori at gmail.com> wrote:

> The question is: How can I assign the Mason variables(StaticSource,
> BufferSize, Preloads, ...) on RT4?

In RT4 and 3 as well you can use the following option in the config to
set mason's properties:

Set(@MasonParameters,
    preamble => 'my $p = MasonX::Profiler->new($m, $r);',
);

Arguments are described in
http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTML-Mason/lib/HTML/Mason/Params.pod, in
RT config you should use "perl name" of the options.

Want to note that:

* RT uses static source if DevelMode is not enabled
* Preloading may help, but not everything can be preloaded
* Buffer preallocation may has less or no effect on RT4

Other options are either dangerouse or useless for admins.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.