[rt-users] Special Projects Queue

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 14 12:29:47 EDT 2011

Yan,

My personal preference is to put any group of ticket owners, team members,
those with similar permission needs, etc. into a User-defined group per
Queue. They can have all of the permissions you could grant a role. The main
reason I like that is because when it comes to emails, I really like to
differentiate between "Groups of Ticket Owners, team members, etc." and the
REAL Admin person that may want to see some emails, just not all of them. By
putting all these members into the AdminCc role, it promts the question of
"where do you put the REAL AdminCc"? I have many situations where the Admin
of a support group doesn't want all the notices, but they want the team
members to be aware, etc. It's just a way for me to look down the line in
the future and say "What if I have to differentiate these people"? By doing
it the way I do, I CAN differentiate when I need to. I already have them
separated by Group/role rather than clumping them together. This might allow
you to debug your current situation as well, especially if you granted some
of these "AdminCc" roles GLOBAL rights.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Kenn
LBNL