[rt-users] Plack::Handler::Starlet dependency error, RT 4.0.1 on RHEL-6

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Jul 14 18:42:31 EDT 2011

Thanks for responding, Kevin.

On 7/14/2011 3:32 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 03:04:03PM -0700, Gene LeDuc wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm installing RT 4.0.1 onto a new RHEL-6 server.  I've done the
>> ./configure step and am now resolving dependencies.  I was able to
>> fix them all with CPAN except for Plack::Handler::Starlet.  The
>> error is coming from a Starlet dependency, Server::Starter.
>> Searching hasn't turned up anything relevant.
>>
>> I'd really appreciate any insights into this that anyone might have.
>> This is 64-bit REHL and I have SELinux enforcing, but I don't think
>> it's the problem because nothing else has burped except for this.
>
> Is your CPAN client configured to follow dependencies?
> It appears that you're missing Test::TCP but I see no attempts to
> build that.
>
> have you tried
>
> install Server::Starter
> or
> install Test::TCP
>
> to get lower level on the dependency chain?
>
> -kevin

The Test::TCP thing is a bit of a mystery to me.  I saw it when I
installed all the dependencies a couple days ago so I tried to install
it.  Here's the result:

cpan[1]> install Test::TCP
CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.30)
Going to read '/root/.cpan/Metadata'
   Database was generated on Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:40:27 GMT
CPAN: Module::CoreList loaded ok (v2.18)
Test::TCP is up to date (1.13).

So it's there, but testdeps isn't seeing it.

I've also tried installing Server::Starter by itself and I get the same
error messages about uninitialized values and an unopened file handle.

Writing Makefile for Server::Starter
Use of uninitialized value in ref-to-glob cast at
/usr/local/share/perl5/Test/SharedFork/Store.pm line 104.
Use of uninitialized value in ref-to-glob cast at
/usr/local/share/perl5/Test/SharedFork/Store.pm line 104.
flock() on unopened filehandle at
/usr/local/share/perl5/Test/SharedFork/Store.pm line 104.
Bad file descriptor at /usr/local/share/perl5/Test/SharedFork/Store.pm
line 104.
END failed--call queue aborted.

Any other thoughts?

Gene