[rt-users] Plack::Handler::Starlet dependency error, RT 4.0.1 on RHEL-6

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri Jul 15 16:04:12 EDT 2011

Hi Kevin,

On 7/14/2011 7:08 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 03:42:31PM -0700, Gene LeDuc wrote:
>>
>> The Test::TCP thing is a bit of a mystery to me.  I saw it when I
>> installed all the dependencies a couple days ago so I tried to
>> install it.  Here's the result:
>>
>> cpan[1]>  install Test::TCP
>> CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.30)
>> Going to read '/root/.cpan/Metadata'
>>    Database was generated on Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:40:27 GMT
>> CPAN: Module::CoreList loaded ok (v2.18)
>> Test::TCP is up to date (1.13).
>>
>> So it's there, but testdeps isn't seeing it.
>
> This is usually permissions or 2 different perls

I used cpanm to reinstall Test::TCP and now testdeps sees it.  I'm
almost certain that there's only 1 perl on this system; it's a
nearly-new RHEL-6 install (I'm the one who built it).  Other than apache
and RT, nothing else has been installed.  How would I determine if there
are multiple perls installed?

>> I've also tried installing Server::Starter by itself and I get the
>> same error messages about uninitialized values and an unopened file
>> handle.
>>
>> Writing Makefile for Server::Starter
>> Use of uninitialized value in ref-to-glob cast at
>> /usr/local/share/perl5/Test/SharedFork/Store.pm line 104.
>> Use of uninitialized value in ref-to-glob cast at
>> /usr/local/share/perl5/Test/SharedFork/Store.pm line 104.
>> flock() on unopened filehandle at
>> /usr/local/share/perl5/Test/SharedFork/Store.pm line 104.
>> Bad file descriptor at
>> /usr/local/share/perl5/Test/SharedFork/Store.pm line 104.
>> END failed--call queue aborted.
>
> It's worth seeing if selinux is blocking flock for this perl program.

I put selinux into permissive (it was set to enforcing), then removed
and reinstalled Server::Starter (using cpanm) with the same results.  Is
this error being thrown by a Server::Starter issue or is it from
whatever process is trying to write the compiled module to disk?

> You may get more information by running perl Makefile.PL on
> Server-Starter manually and seeing if it gives you anything

I ran the following manually:
[root at bogus Server-Starter-0.11]# perl Makefile.PL
[root at bogus Server-Starter-0.11]# make
[root at bogus Server-Starter-0.11]# make install
[root at bogus Server-Starter-0.11]# make test
   (stuff removed for brevity)
   All tests successful.
   Files=4, Tests=42, 28 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr  0.00 sys +  0.39
cusr  0.08 csys =  0.49 CPU)
   Result: PASS

So it looks like Server::Starter installed Ok.

So then I run cpan-t Server::Starter and get the same errors as before.,
including
- Test::TCP       ...missing. (would need 0.11)

Running testdeps doesn't flag Test::TCP

Running cpan -t Test::TCP results in:
Result: PASS
   TOKUHIROM/Test-TCP-1.13.tar.gz
   /usr/bin/make test -- OK

So I'm baffled.
1. make testdeps says that all dependencies are found
2. cpan -t Server::Starter says that Test::TCP is missing and throws
flock() and bad file descriptor errors at line 104 of
share/perl5/Test/SharedFork/Store.pm
3. cpan -t Test::TCP says it's installed and good
4. cpanm --reinstall Server::Starter says it's installed and good
5. cpanm --reinstall Plack::Handler::Starlet says it's installed and good

Should I believe testdeps and continue with RT installation?  Os is this
something that might bite me in the caboose?

Thanks,
Gene