[rt-users] Missing Menu on Left

James Zuelow James_Zuelow at ci.juneau.ak.us
Wed Jul 27 13:04:22 EDT 2011

----Original Message----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf
Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:51 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Missing Menu on Left

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:46:48PM +0000, Roberto Hoyle wrote:
>> James Zuelow <James_Zuelow <at> ci.juneau.ak.us> writes:
>>
>>> You don't, by chance, have mod_speling enabled do you?
>>>
>>> When I started testing 4.0.1 I had mod_speling enabled to fix
>>> capitalization, and that broke the RT menus.
>>
>> Thanks, James!  That was exactly my problem.  Disabling mod_speling
>> brought the menus out.
>
> I'd be fascinated to know what URL it is breaking so we can add a
> note to the documentation.
>
> -kevin

I know this is stale, and I am hoping that Roberto gave you more information.

I have had just a little bit of time to play with this, and it is really odd to me.

With mod_speling turned on, none of the drop-down menus in the title field are there.

(Everything from "logged on as..." and to the left.

Same behavior with IE8 and Firefox 3.6/Firefox 5.

But if I look at the HTML source for the page, I can find the menus in the source!

There are no errors in the Apache logs.  From Apache's point of view everything was sent to the client as it should have been.

I suppose that there is something breaking in the css that is telling the browser not to display the menus.

I'm not at all a web designer though, so I have a hard time following what is going on.

If you have anything specific you would like me to try, just let me know.

James Zuelow
Systems Operations Manager
City and Borough of Juneau MIS
(907) 586-0236