[rt-users] Problem upgrading database from 3.8.6 to 4.0.1 on Ubuntu 8.0.4(mysql)

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Jul 29 18:19:13 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Thomas Sibley <trs at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On 07/29/2011 10:44 AM, Wikus Smit wrote:
>> I dropped the rt4 database and tried to import the rt3 database dump
>> with 'mysql -p rt4 < rt3.sql ' as suggested but received an 'ERROR
>> 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'rt4'' error.
>>
>> How can I import the rt3.sql dump file into mysql now that the rt4
>> database has been dropped?
>
> This is basic MySQL administration.  Just create an empty database
> before hand with:
>
>    create database rt4;

In addition to this command people should setup permissions for
rt_user on this new database. Wikus got lucky as `make
initialize-database` setups permissions and 'drop database rt4;'
doesn't clear them.

rt-setup-database tool can be used to create database and grant required rights:

sbin/rt-setup-database --help
sbin/rt-setup-database --action 'create,acl' --datadir etc/ ... other
options ...

This works for mysql.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.