[rt-users] [RT4] login problems after update

Tobias Nebel Tobias.Nebel at iav.de
Thu Jun 16 03:32:59 EDT 2011

Hello,

we updated our RT from version 3.6.x to 4.0.0. all RT features works and
the new version is great :) but one problem we have:

after the databasetransfer all users can login in RT. but when they logout
from RT and try another login, RT say, that the login credentials are
wrong. so we must update (update Users SET Password=md5('password') where
Name='login';) the credentials with mysql. than the user can login one
time again. when i look in the database, the md5 hashsum changed after
every login. so it is no wonder why the logins failed.
i checked the dependencies again and validated the database with
rt-validator, everything looks fine. have someone a tip for me to find the
problem?

thanks in advance

Tobias Nebel

IT-Systeme und Tools, VM-F11

IAV GmbH
Rockwellstrasse 16
38518 GIFHORN
GERMANY

Tel.: +49 5371  805 - 3611
Handy: +49 160 8944187

E-Mail: <mailto:tobias.nebel at iav.de>
Internet: http://www.iav.com

Sitz/Registered Office: Berlin,
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
Registernummer/Company Registration Number: HRB 21 280,
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kurt Blumenröder, Michael Schubert,
Dr. Rüdiger Goyk