[rt-users] Dump all except tickets+attachments?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Thu Jun 23 11:32:38 EDT 2011

If anyone has any clever advice as to how to about this,
I'd love to hear it.

RT 3.8.7 + security patches, PostgreSQL 8.1.23, RHEL5

We need to replicate our production RT instance's data
to a development instance (yes, backward), but we don't
want to carry the ~6GB of *ticket and attachment*
data (what else?) over to development.

Essentially, we want the same environment in development
as production, but with empty queues.

Advice?

You are now connected to database "rt3".
rt3=# \dt
                   List of relations
  Schema |          Name           | Type  |  Owner
--------+-------------------------+-------+----------
  public | acl                     | table | postgres
  public | attachments             | table | postgres
  public | attributes              | table | postgres
  public | cachedgroupmembers      | table | postgres
  public | customfields            | table | postgres
  public | customfieldvalues       | table | postgres
  public | fm_articles             | table | rt_user
  public | fm_classes              | table | rt_user
  public | fm_objecttopics         | table | rt_user
  public | fm_topics               | table | rt_user
  public | groupmembers            | table | postgres
  public | groups                  | table | postgres
  public | links                   | table | postgres
  public | objectcustomfields      | table | postgres
  public | objectcustomfieldvalues | table | postgres
  public | principals              | table | postgres
  public | queues                  | table | postgres
  public | scripactions            | table | postgres
  public | scripconditions         | table | postgres
  public | scrips                  | table | postgres
  public | sessions                | table | postgres
  public | templates               | table | postgres
  public | tickets                 | table | postgres
  public | transactions            | table | postgres
  public | users                   | table | postgres
(25 rows)