[rt-users] charts broken when searching on 'Updated'

Daugherity, Andrew W adaugherity at tamu.edu
Fri Jun 24 16:39:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

With RT 4 I am unable to build charts from searches that use the Updated field.  For example:
  Queue = 'support' AND Updated > '2 weeks ago'

This search finds 89 tickets.  However, the "Chart" link on the results page brings up a blank chart and the message "No tickets found."  Clicking "Show Results" on this page does find 89 tickets again, so the search itself seems to work properly.

Charts work fine for other searches; in fact if I modify the query to use Created instead of Updated, everything is fine.

This is with RT 4.0.1.  I don't remember if 4.0.0 also had this problem or not, but 4.0.1rc1 definitely did.  I think this worked properly with 3.8, but I don't have a 3.8 instance around any more to verify that.

Also, nothing gets logged indicating any problem.  Even with LogToFile debug, the only thing logged is:
[Fri Jun 24 20:16:56 2011] [debug]: RT::Date used Time::ParseDate to make '2 weeks ago' 1307737016 (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Date.pm:222)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew Daugherity
Systems Analyst
Division of Research, Texas A&M University