[rt-users] Rights for creating custom fields

Murphy, Kevin MURPHYKE at email.chop.edu
Thu Jun 30 12:12:48 EDT 2011

Is it possible to set up a 'queue admin' group that can create and otherwise administer custom fields for tickets in a particular queue?

Under Global Group Rights, I have enabled AssignCustomFields, AdminCustomField, and AdminCustomFieldValues.

The members of group G can create a ticket custom field, but the custom field disappears into the ether as far as they are concerned, and they have no way of seeing, selecting, creating values for, or assigning the newly created custom field.

Grepping the RT source code, I also see the rights 'ModifyCustomField' and 'SeeCustomField', but I don't know where those rights are in the Configuration menu.

Thanks,
Kevin