[rt-users] Calculations on custom field values

Michael Coakley mike.coakley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 18:58:01 EST 2011

I do things like this similar to how Kenneth described but I use a ODBC connection directly to the database and use Excel Pivot tables to build reports. Very flexible and gives you data mining tools right out of the box.

While it isn't built into RT it is in a place where data analysis is easily done, Excel. I definitely don't see that as a bad thing. RT is an amazingly flexible tool for tracking all sorts of transactionable workflows. The mere fact that this list is full of questions about how to do this and that shows how flexible RT is.

Also consider you can publish an Excel PivotTable to a SharePoint site and it will update in real-time (or close to it) and you have a very powerful executive dashboard.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone