[rt-users] iCal Time Zone Issues

Matt Stosic stosic.matthew at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 06:21:25 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to subscribe to a Request Tracker iCal feed, but when I do, many things show up on the calendar the day before they are due, rather than on the day they are due.

I opened up the .ics file with a text editor and noticed that the DTEND and DTSTART are set to the wrong date (ie the day before).

I have set RT's timezone to Australia/Sydney, and have tried setting my personal timezone in "About Me" to various different things but it hasn't helped.

When I view the date section of the ticket in RT, the date shows up correctly (Thu Mar 03 10:30:00 2011) but the DTEND and DTSTART in the ics file show up as DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20110302

Any tips on what I can do to get this to work?

I am using RT 3.8.8 and trying to subscribe to the calendar in Apple iCal (although I think the problem is with the ics file itself, not the iCal app)

Thanks,

Matt Stosic