[rt-users] Need RT to send mail to a group

Brandon Olszewski BOlszewski at theprivatebank.com
Wed Mar 9 17:11:34 EST 2011

Greetings,

I am trying to get my RT 3.8.9 instance running on SLES11 to send emails to all members of an RT group whenever a ticket is moved from any queue into the "LAN" queue.  I've created a group called "LAN", and placed the desired recipient's RT user account as a member.

I've used the following command to create a custom action to send email to this group:
/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-email-gorup-admin -add 'Notify LAN group' -group 'LAN'

And I have verified the successful creation of this action with this command:
/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-email-group-admin -list 'Notify LAN group'

Result of the above command:
Name: Notify LAN group
Module: NotifyGroup
Members:
            Group  => LAN

I've created a scrip (number 14 for this RT instance) in the LAN queue with the following paramaters:

Condition: On Queue Change
Action: Notify LAN group (the custom action created in the above step)
Template: Global template: Admin Correspondence (unchanged default template)
Stage: TransactionCreate

When I move a ticket to the LAN queue, no email is sent, and these two lines appear in the RT log file:

[info]: #27/427 - Scrip 14 NotifyLAN (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:302)
[info]: No recipients found. Not Sending. (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:352)

I'm not set on using this method of sending email to a group if someone has an easier/working way to do it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and privileged material. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you receive this material/information in error, please contact the sender and destroy the material/information.

Email is not a secure form of communication and should not be used to transmit personal or confidential information such as account numbers, balance information, or wire transfer requests. The PrivateBank is not responsible for the security of sensitive information received by email.