[rt-users] ExternalAuth and AutoCreateNonExternalUsers

Brian Dial bdial at rkk.com
Thu Mar 17 20:53:30 EDT 2011

typical "i want people who aren't authenticated via ldap to be autocreated".

seems every problem is solved with

Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    1);

I just can't get it to go.  I always get the emails back from mailer-daemon "Could not load a valid user". I am running rt 3.8.9 with ExternaulAuth 0.08_01.  externalauth was working fine for me auth'ing to ldap even wtihout upgrading to the latest version but i decided to try it anyway to see if it would fix.  my config is below.  Am i doing something unobviously wrong?

Set($rtname, 'rt.***.com');
Set($Organization , "***.com");
Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);
Set($WebBaseURL, "http://rt.***.com");
Set($OwnerEmail , 'bdial@***.com');
Set($AutoCreate,{Privileged=>1});

# DB Config
Set($DatabaseType, 'mysql');
Set($DatabaseUser , 'rt_user');
Set($DatabasePassword , '*********');
Set($DatabaseName , 'rt3');

#Set(@Plugins,(qw(Extension::QuickDelete RT::FM)));
Set( @Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth) );
Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [   'My_LDAP'   ] );
Set($ExternalInfoPriority,  [   'My_LDAP'   ] );
Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS,    0);
Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    1);
Set($ExternalSettings,      {
                                'My_LDAP'   =>  {
                                'type'  =>  'ldap',
                                'server' =>  'ldap.***.com',
                                'user' =>  'cn=******,dc=***,dc=com',
                                'pass' =>  '*******',
                                'base' =>  'dc=***,dc=com',
                                'filter' =>  '(uidNumber=*)',
                                'd_filter' => '(objectClass=butt)',
                                'tls' =>  0,
                                'ssl_version' =>  3,
                                'attr_match_list' => [ 'Name',
                                                       'EmailAddress',
                                                       'RealName',
                                                     ],
                                'attr_map' =>  {   'Name' => 'uid',
                                                   'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
                                                  'RealName' => 'displayName',
                                               }
                                 }
                            }
);

1;

"RK&K" and "RK&K Engineers" are registered trade names of Rummel, Klepper & Kahl, LLP, a Maryland
limited liability partnership.  This message contains confidential information intended only for
the person or persons named above.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return email and delete the message.  Thank you.