[rt-users] ExternalAuth and AutoCreateNonExternalUsers

Brian Dial bdial at rkk.com
Fri Mar 18 10:39:22 EDT 2011

i thik i figured out the problem.  It seems ExternalAuth was matching me to an existing ldap user based on the real name.

I sent the message to rt queue from my comcast account and it appears as Brian Dial <briandial at comcast.net>
My ldap entry is real name Brian Dial and mail bdial at rkk.com

in the logs i see

[Thu Mar 17 20:37:36 2011] [error] [client 192.168.93.195] FastCGI: server "/opt/rt/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" stderr: [Fri Mar 18 00:37:36 2011] [info]: RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo returning Comments: Autocreated on ticket submission, Disabled: 0, EmailAddress: bdial at rkk.com, Name: bdial, Password: , Privileged: 0, RealName: Brian Dial (/opt/rt/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:536)
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:36 2011] [error] [client 192.168.93.195] FastCGI: server "/opt/rt/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" stderr: [Fri Mar 18 00:37:36 2011] [crit]: User creation failed in mailgateway: Name in use (/opt/rt/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)

is htis because i have the following in my config?

                                'attr_match_list' => [ 'Name',
                                                       'EmailAddress',
                                                       'RealName',
                                                     ],

I tested it from a random msn.com address that has no real name and the autocreate worked fine.