[rt-users] RT on Ubuntu 10.10

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Mar 24 16:53:26 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 09:07:55PM +0100, Houcem HACHICHA wrote:
>    On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Asif Iqbal <[1]vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Houcem HACHICHA
>      <[2]houcem.hachicha at gmail.com> wrote:
>      > Hi everyone,
>      > I'm setting up RT on a ubuntu 10.10 server box using the following guide in
>      > RT's wiki : [3]http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/WithEmailFacility .
>      > My problem is with the inbound mail. I use the following in
>      > /etc/fetchmailrc:
>      > poll <Mailserver> protocol pop3 username "<myUserName>" password
>      > "<MyPassword>" mda "/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond
>      > --url [4]http://localhost/rt" no keep
>
>      try with like this
>
>      echo "this is a test" | /usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
>      correspond --url [5]http://localhost/rt --debug
>
>      what do you get ?
>
>    echo "this is a test" | /usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url
>    [6]http://localhost/rt --debug/usr/bin/rt-mailgate: temp file is '/tmp/IKDiXQskC3'
>    /usr/bin/rt-mailgate: connecting to [7]http://localhost/rt/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway
>    not ok - Could not load a valid user

That's because you didn't have a From: line.  you could repeat the
test with a proper sample email if you like.

and error about --url being an invalid option but --url being fine
when run manually implies that something is wrong with fetchmail and
your config.  I can't tell if your mail client wrapped that line, nor
do I know how fetchmail deals with commands broken across multiple
lines, but I'd start by looking there.

-kevin