[rt-users] script create user in RT system with validation LDAP

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Mar 24 18:02:32 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:20:54PM +0100, sercuto wrote:
>  My target is create a simple script in perl for create users. This script be called inside RT server.

Inside RT server?  I don't understand, this looks like a command line
script.

>  I could do it by inserting data directly in the database RT3, but&n bsp;I wanted to please do
>  itusing APIs RT.

I guess I don't understand why you're loading the extension instead of
just calling Create()

You seem to be loading a lot of unused code and setting up $session
for no particular reason which makes your script hard to understand.

>  (/usr/local/rt-3.8.2_pruebas/lib//RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:450)
>  [Thu Mar 24 17:40:34 2011] [debug]: Attempting to get user info
>  using this external service:

I don't see any service name here, do you have one defined?
If RT::Authen::ExternalAuth can't canonicalize the user info from
something in ExternalInfoPriority it isn't going to allow the user
creation unless you've set AutoCreateNonExternalUsers properly.

You should warn those out in your script to confirm they're set to
what you think they are.

-kevin