[rt-users] RT-4.0.0rc7 and CAS problems

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Mar 30 14:12:51 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 12:15:10PM -0500, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
> I installed 4.0.0rc7 for testing.  Our production version is 3.8.4.
> The 3.8.4 install has "Set($WebExternalAuth , 1);" in the
> RT_SiteConfig.pm and Apache2::AuthCAS set up in the Apache config.
> This works in 3.8.4, but when I set it up for 4.0.0rc7 and tried to
> login I was redirected to our CAS login page as expected and then
> redirected back the RT login page that says the login failed and
> has the login text box showing (which does not accept text).  Is there
> something more I need to do for 4.0 or did I forgot some setting?

Does your apache log show that REMOTE_USER is being set to what you
expect?  There have been several changes since 3.8.4 for the login
path, so you may be better off testing if 3.8.9 also fails for you.

I know of a few folks using RT's External Auth against the 4.0.0
betas, so I suspect a misconfiguration or some weird bug we haven't
seen yet, rather than a general failure.

-kevin