[rt-users] RT-4.0.0rc7 and CAS problems

Scott T. Hildreth shildret at scotth.emsphone.com
Wed Mar 30 16:08:48 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 15:29 -0400, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 01:35:09PM -0500, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
> > >
> > > Does your apache log show that REMOTE_USER is being set to what you
> > > expect?
> >
> > I don't see REMOTE_USER in the logs, but I do see this
> >
> > CAS(95219): setHeader: Setting header: CAS_FILTER_USER = shildret
>
> That isn't a header that RT matches on, did you have a local
> customization to 3.8.4 to handle that?
>
> -kevin
>
> > >  There have been several changes since 3.8.4 for the login
> > > path, so you may be better off testing if 3.8.9 also fails for you.
> > >
> > > I know of a few folks using RT's External Auth against the 4.0.0
> > > betas, so I suspect a misconfiguration or some weird bug we haven't
> > > seen yet, rather than a general failure.

I looked at my 3.8.4 install and there wasn't any customization.  If I
check the apache logs I don't see REMOTE_USER in that one as well.  I
set the log level to debug on the server where I have 4.0 installed, but
I still don't see REMOTE_USER being set.  Would I see that in the log
with debug set?  Can I set REMOTE_USER = CAS_FILER_USER in the
httpd.conf?