[rt-users] FCKEditor , browser, and colors

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Mar 31 10:09:04 EDT 2011

On 31 Mar 2011 09:59, Raphaël MOUNEYRES wrote:
> The Firefox code is displayed in color on RT web interface, but the code
> from IE is displayed all in black colour.
> Now, when i forward the ticket to my LotusNotes messaging, BOTH codes
> are displayed in colours.
> So i beleive there is something to modify on the RT Side.
>
> May i upgrade the FCKEditor to a newer version ? if yes, does a RT patch
> exist ?
> or is it more related to RT itself ?

This is a result of RT's HTML scrubbing for security purposes.  In 3.8,
the CSS is unnecessarily restrictive to allowing only colors using rgb()
rather than #hex.  It's fixed in 4.0.  If you really wanted you could
backport the changes to ScrubHTML from 4.0, but that code has moved
around so you'd have to adjust it appropriately (and know what you were
doing).

Thomas