[rt-users] error upgrading db from 3.6.3 to 4.0.0 -- SOLVED

Hersker, Steve SHersker at tngus.com
Mon May 2 22:43:00 EDT 2011

> >    Processing 3.7.81
> >    DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate key name
> 'CachedGroupMembers3' at
> >    /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 503.
>
> Looks like you ran 3.7.81 twice

> >    DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't DROP 'DelegatedBy'; check
> that column/key exists at
> >    /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 503.
>
> Looks like you ran something else twice too, since that column has
> existed since at least 3.4

Yep, self-inflicted for sure...was trying to figure out how I ran twice when I realized that I had restored the db to the new box and called it rt3 AND when I did a fresh install of RT4.0.0 I had also initialized the database (to make sure everything was working before dealing with the data). So when I was running rt-setup-database, it was running against the rt4 database, which of course was already current, not the rt3 that I had restored.

> You can use rt-setup-database from 3.6.3 to 3.7.81 follow
> UPGRADING.mysql and then continue onward from there to 4.0.0

I dropped the blank rt4 db, renamed my rt3 db to rt4 and ran through the steps above and it worked perfectly.

Thanks, Kevin!!