[rt-users] Manual for Full-text search

Johan Sjöberg johan.sjoberg at deltamanagement.se
Wed May 4 05:02:28 EDT 2011

Hi.

This sounds great. Is this script one of the methods at http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/MySQLToPg ?

/Johan

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Emmanuel Lacour
Sent: den 4 maj 2011 10:48
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Manual for Full-text search

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 08:01:58AM +0000, Johan Sjöberg wrote:
> I wanted to ask the same question, so I know if I should do the
> migration before or after upgrading to RT 4.
> There are a lot of different methods on that page, and the simplest
> ones seem to be just dumping the MySQL database and importing it into
> Postgres. Is there any general consensus regarding which method is
> "best", with the biggest chance of getting non-corrupted attachments
> etc.?

I had success to do this using a script that select in source DB and insert in the destination DB (with a schema without datas).

Test: Oracle->Pg, MySQL -> Pg

to my knowledge and experience, this is the best way to do this.

You can do this either:

- 4.0 schema and datas -> 4.0 schema
- 3.8 schema and datas -> 3.8 schema -> run 3.8->4.0 upgrades scripts