[rt-users] Merge two RT databases

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri May 13 15:41:29 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 04:57:27PM +0200, COSTARD Géraldine wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I want to merge two databases.
> Is there anybody who has already done that ?
> If so how did you do ?

The main difficulty is to handle the fact that you have conflicts
between several objects IDs (tickets Id,
user/groups/principals/CFs/... ids).

I posted on rt-user or rt-devel (can't remember) a script that where
used to insert queues/tickets from one running RT to another one. There
is limitation on the technique I described (basically, select things in
source DB and create them in target DB with RT API, and record all
ticket ID in a CF to keep this information and be able to finish non
resolved tickets from old RT) but it's doable...

bon courage ;)