[rt-users] Complex question re tickets, custom fields, and queues

Brandon Ward bward at film-tech.com
Sat May 14 02:21:21 EDT 2011

v3.8.7 -

I have a question about Queues, Tickets, and Custom Fields.  I've found
some info in the Wiki regarding spawning child tickets, but can't tell
if that's what I need to do.

Is this possible?

I have 3 Queues (Q1, Q2, Q3) that correspond to 3 clients (C1, C2, and
C3).

Tickets for clients C1 and C2 are monitored by C3.  C1 has 7 locations
(A, B, C, D, E, F, G).  C3 needs to see tickets for

all locations EXCEPT for F and G.

Is there a way to have all tickets cloned or viewable to C3 except for
those relating to those 2 specific locations?  The

tickets for the C1 queue have a custom field that specifies which
location it's for.

C3 will be using Self Service and should only be able to VIEW tickets
that pertain to them.

Scenario:

A call comes in to the helpdesk from C1.  A ticket is opened in the C1
queue.  During creation, a location is selected from

a custom field.  If the location is A-E it needs to be viewable to C3.
If not, it acts like a normal ticket in any other queue.

Can this be done via scrip or extension?

Thanks,

Brandon