[rt-users] Activating a plugin

Wolfram Huettermann wolfram.huettermann at desy.de
Thu May 26 04:21:44 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

A short definition at first. Let localpath be my path where my RT is
installed.

I have got a plugin called RT-Extension-Dummy.  It has only got one
module Create.html in localpath/plugins/RT-Extension-Dummy/html/Ticket.
The only difference compared to Create.html in
localpath/share/html/Ticket is that you see this message in the code:

<& /Elements/ListActions, actions => \@results &>
This is just a dummy version of Create.html! Please ignore it! <br />

Everything else is the same. What did I do in order to activate this
plugin?

1) I created a directory RT-Extension-Dummy in localpath/local/plugins/

2) I created the following subdirectories:
    - lib
    - lib/RT
    - lib/RT/Extension
    - html
    - html/Ticket

3) I created Dummy.pm in lib/RT/Extension. Its content is:

package RT::Extension::Dummy;

use 5.008;
use strict;
use warnings;

our $VERSION = "0.01";

1;

# omitting pod sequences
4) I copied Create.html from localpath/share/html/Ticket.html to
localpath/local/plugins/RT-Extension-Dummy and inserted the text I
mentioned at the beginning.

5) I changed localpath/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm and extended @plugins like
this:

Set (@plugins,(... , "RT::Extension::Dummy"));

6) I restarted  the httpd server.

Having accomplished all of these steps, I still do  not see the  text

This is just a dummy version of Create.html! Please ignore it!

in Ticket/RtimCreate.html.

What should I do  in addition to activate RT-Extension-Dummy? By the
way, I am root on my shell I work with.

Thanks in advance,

Wolfram Hüttermann