[rt-users] <Blank> in default preference / search options ?

Daniel Schwager Daniel.Schwager at dtnet.de
Mon May 30 15:04:15 EDT 2011

> > I would like to give the user the possibility
> > to add a <BLANK> to this user default search,
> > so the new BLANK should appear in the selection
> > box
> >
> >        Search Preferences / Search options  / Display Columns / "Add Columns:"
> >
> > I found the available elements setup in
> >        share/html/Search/Elements/BuildFormatString

> Also, try NBSP (like NEWLINE). It should work similar or exactly like
> what you want.

Great ! Thx a lot - works fine now:

# Add local copy of BuildFormatString
cp -av share/html/Search/Elements/BuildFormatString \
	local/html/Search/Elements/BuildFormatString

# Add NBSP
local/html/Search/Elements/BuildFormatString:
	     NEWLINE
	+    NBSP
	); # loc_qw

** Advanced (-:
One additional question - could this be done by using a callback ?
I saw a callback directly after the definition of the fields ...
    $m->callback( CallbackOnce => 1, CallbackName => 'SetFieldsOnce', Fields => \@fields );

I tried to create a callback - but it does not work (sorry, I never
used Callbacks). May you can give me a small hint ?

cat /opt/rt3/local/html/Callbacks/MyCallbacks/Prefs/SearchOptions.html/SetFieldsOnce
<%init>
  push @fields, "NBSP";
  RT::Logger->debug("SetFieldsOnce.1: \n");
</%init>
<%args>
  @fields => undef
</%args>